Howdy, folks! It’s time to do a thorough Spring Cleaning…of your Social Media Profiles! In this week’s episode not only do we assail you with possibly the world’s worst beat-boxing but we also discuss updating your social media profiles — or creating them if you don’t have the right ones for your business. We also learn that Natalie owes Alex cookies because (shocker), Nat didn’t do her challenge from last week. She tries to get out of baking cookies by saying she had to go to the ER but Alex wasn’t having any of that nonsense.
This Week’s Challenge: Update (or setup) Your Social Media Profiles!
Creating content is just one of the things a business owner has to do to get eyeballs on their website these days. However, it’s 2018, and we all know the impact (and power) that social media has in our day-to-day lives and on our businesses.
Many small businesses either have no social media presence or worse, if they do have one it’s woefully neglected. Even savvy social media marketing aware business owners are guilty of ignoring their social media profiles like your Do Weekly Podcast hosts.
So we’ve set about to fix that for ourselves, and we bring you along for the ride!
Your challenge is to review all of your existing social media profiles and ask yourself the following questions:
- Does this social media platform work well for my business?
You don’t need to be on all social media platforms. We advise that you find a few profiles that you like, that you feel will help you tell your business’s story.
- Is your social media profile’s information up to date?
When we asked this question of ourselves the look of uncertainty made it immediately clear that we didn’t have the first clue as to what was on our profiles and sure enough they needed serious updating.
- Do you need to create a social media profile for any existing platforms?
In other words, is there a social media platform your business should be on that you don’t maintain an active profile for? If you’re a brick and mortar business, we recommend Yelp or Google My Business (Alex strongly suggests).
- 3:30 — Recap of last week’s challenge, setting up an email list.
- 18:09 – This week’s challenge: Update (or create) Your Social Media Profiles
Resources for finishing this task
- For updating and schedule social media posts across multiple platforms we highly recommend Coschedule.
- Facebook Business Page Information
- Starting an Instagram Biz Profile
- Article: How to Choose the Right Social Media Network
- Competitive Street Addressing for your PO Box
Remember, Y’all, it’s hard to keep on top of all of the day-to-day things you’re responsible for. But if we take the time each day to do a small thing those small things add up and turn into an avalanche of amazingness. So just keep doing the thing!