In our first ever episode of Do Weekly, we take a little time to introduce ourselves, to discuss why we’re starting this podcast, some things we hope to accomplish, and then we dive into our very first challenge – update your about page
This Week’s Challenge: Update your about page
We tend to put together a quick couple of paragraphs when we put together our about pages for our websites, but this page is actually a really important tool for potential customers and clients getting to know you and what you’re about. It’s probably because it’s really hard to be objective and write about yourself and your own projects.
It’s a good place to tell your story, explain what you’re passionate about, what pushed you to start your business, what sets you apart from your competition, and what kinds of customers and clients you like to work with.
What if you don’t have a website (yet)? No excuses – you can still sit down and put together the content for your future website. What if you have a website but it doesn’t have an about page? Now’s the perfect time to add one so that your potential customers and clients can get to know you.
Resources for finishing this task
- How to create an about page that generates leads by Neil Patel
- Ten rules for writing a compelling about me page by Bernadette Jiwa
- The 5-step process for writing an about page that connects (and converts) by Leanne Regalia
- 10 about us page examples that are probably better than yours by Lindsay Kolowich
- How to write an amazing about page by Julia McCoy